iTunes content

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

 

Thank God I Have A Mac

Right now I am installing Norton SystemWorks 2006 on my home made PC, something I do annually with each year's upgrade and a free after rebates deal from a big box retailer. Doing the install from the CD was easy. I made sure to completely uninstall 2005 first since I had so much trouble installing it over 2004 last year. Removing 2005 with the uninstaller didn't work. I had to use Symantec's web based uninstaller of last resort, making me more glad I uninstalled Norton SystemWorks 2005 first.

Now it's installing the Norton SystemWorks 2006 updates. There are 25 MB of updates, 15.7 MB of which are virus definitions! I can't think of a single Mac anti-virus program that even approaches 15.7 MB. Not that I've bothered looking since that's an unneeded piece of software if you have a Mac...

And here's the kicker - halfway through those 25 MB of updates it quit & had to be started over. FROM THE BEGINNING! Ah, Windows...


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Website Counter